The Benefits of Membership
How Can We Help You?
- Is your company already active in Libya? Or do you have aspirations to do business there in the future?
- Do the changes in Libya mean your business is facing operational problems or financial uncertainties?
- Do you want to ‘hit the ground running’ now that UK-Libyan business relations are returning to normal?
If your answer is ‘YES’ to any of these questions can you really afford not to join the LBBC?
LBBC Membership provides a wide range of benefits including:
- Unique networking opportunities through participation in the LBBC’s programme of events including introductions to high-level decision-makers, industry representatives, government officials, potential partners, clients, suppliers and in-country agents.
- Access to staff expertise and assistance addressing specific business-related problems or cultural issues.
- Negotiation of bureaucratic red-tape and advice meeting regulatory requirements including fast-track applications for business visas.
- Provision of high-level market intelligence, news and analyses in the form of business briefings, published articles, reports and email updates.
Council Membership: Additional Benefits
While all our members benefit from the key services listed above, as an LBBC Council Members you will enjoy a greater level of attention and a higher degree of influence in the following key areas:
Networking Opportunities and Access to Key Business and Political Leaders
Council Members receive prior notification of special networking events or meetings attended by Libyan industry leaders, politicians and other influential figures as well as preferential allocation for attendance at these events. For example, in the past, the LBBC has been advised of senior delegations visiting London from Tripoli, often at very short notice. In these circumstances, when the schedule has precluded the VIPs’ participation in a major event attended by all our members, we have typically been asked to arrange a special lunch or dinner to which our Council Members are invited.
Policy Input and Development of LBBC Events and Activities
Council Members enjoy a closer working relationship with the LBBC Board of Directors. This includes participation in the Council’s decision-making processes with regards to issues and policies which may have a wide-ranging and long-term impact upon the commercial and political relations between Libya and the UK (for more details see What We Do).
Council Membership also means you may be invited to play an active role in developing our programme of events and other networking activities, including opportunities to help devise, host or speak at sector-specific missions, conferences, seminars and workshops.
Marketing Support, Brand Exposure and Sponsorship Opportunities
Council Members benefit from a higher level of marketing support and brand exposure which raises your profile among potential partners and clients in the UK and Libya. For example, your company’s logo, profile and contact details appear more prominently on LBBC literature, publicity material and in the List of Members on this website.
Council Members are also given the first opportunity to sponsor LBBC overseas delegations – a proven way of promoting your company’s products, services and commercial interests to potential clients, customers, partners and suppliers in Libya. It also presents your business in a ‘thought-leadership role’ within your industry and within the international business community as a whole.
|The LBBC welcomes applications for Council and Corporate Membership. To join today, please complete the online application form. Or, if you would like further information, please telephone us without obligation on 020 7152 4051 and ask for Pauline Graham.|
Or you can apply by post to:
New Member Applications
St James’s Park
London SW1H 0RG
Fax: +44 (0)1306 88 10 46
Council Membership: £1,500 per year (excl VAT)
Corporate Membership: £500 per year (excl VAT)